I've been looking for a good coffee cake recipe. I found this one at Taste of Home and tried it for Easter. I really like it because it's not too sweet, and it was very easy to prepare! Go ahead, give it a try!
* 3/4 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
* 3 tablespoons milk
* In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
* In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; sprinkle over coffee cake. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
* Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over warm coffee cake.