The seasoning on the chicken is FANTASTIC. Sometimes we just make the chicken and eat them on tortillas topped with lettuce, cheese and whatever other toppings you like. I highly recommend this recipe if you’re in the mood for some delicious Mexican style food.
· Small head of lettuce, torn or cut into bite-size pieces
· 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
· 1 small onion, chopped
· 1 can small ripe olives, drained
· 1/2 small jar of salsa (whatever kind you like)
· 1/2 cup of oil
· Dash of lime juice, optional
· Shredded cheddar cheese
· Taco shell bowls
· Sour cream and guacamole
· 1 to 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken
Coating for Chicken:
· 2 TBLS Chili powder
· 1 TBlS ground Cumin
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp sugar
· dash of ground cloves, optional.
· dash of ground cayenne pepper, opt.
· 2 TBLS oil.
· If you like lime, you can add a bit of lime juice, too
Put all the coating ingredients in a plastic bag. You can mix it up by squishing the bag. Drop in the chicken & squish it around until the chicken is all coated. Start the grill. Mix salad ingredients–EXCEPT cheese and dressing–together in a large bowl. Mix dressing in small bowl. Set both aside. Take bag of chicken out to grill. Turn heat to low-medium. Cook chicken through; thighs take a bit longer than breasts. After cooking, set aside. Assembling salad: If using taco bowls, you may want to heat them according to package directions. Toss salad with dressing. Slice the chicken into bite-size pieces. Portion out the salad to individual bowls or plates. Top with several pieces of the chicken and the cheddar cheese. Garnish with sour cream & guacamole, if desired.