I don’t think I’ve posted this recipe before, but since we’re getting down to Easter I thought I’d try to put up some recipes that you could make for an Easter celebration – but I’m telling you – avoid those pre-cooked hams!
Here’s a Vegan Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – oh how I love carrot cake . . .
VEGAN CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups finely-shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 egg substitute (like Ener-G)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 ounces Better Than Cream Cheese cream cheese substitute
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Grease and flour a 10″ X 9″ or square cake pan.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Mix in the carrots, egg subs, oil, apple sauce, and vanilla.
- Beat about 2-3 minutes , until well mixed.
- Stir in the nuts, if used.
- Bake at 325 F for about 40-50 minutes , or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Once the Better Than Cream Cheese is at room temperature, mix all ingredients together. Frost cake.