Get ready for the most fascinating five or ten minutes of your life (depends on how quickly you can read). I would love to read your 100 things list. Leave me a link and I’ll be there! I started writing this list quite awhile back – then I forgot about it. I found it the other day and decided to finish it. Whew, I can finally check that off the list!
100. I list my occupation as “graphic designer.”
99. I have been “graphic designing” for 15 years.
98. I have been an artist all my life.
97. I am the oldest child.
96. I am the oldest grandchild on my mother’s side
95. I am the oldest great-grandchild on my mother’s side.
94. I consider myself young at heart.
93. I love Batman.
92. I love liver and onions.
91. I knew I was going to marry my husband the first time I saw him.
90. He still does not believe it.
89. I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do believe in spooks.
88. I have an aversion to top hats, not a real “fear” but a strong creeped out feeling.
87. I try never to kill spiders because it’s bad luck.
86. In high school my sister and I shared a car.
85. It was named “Clara, the Killer Bel-Aire.”
84. My dad bought the car for us, probably to teach us humility.
83. Thanks, Dad.
82. I bought my own first car for $100.00.
81. It was named, “Rattle and Hum.”
80. The convenience store in my town sells nightcrawlers for $1.86 per dozen.
79. That makes each worm worth approximately 15 ½ cents.
78. That’s kinda sad for the worm.
77. I love the song “Dr. Worm” by They Might Be Giants.
76. Lemonade is my favorite drink.
75. I make excellent homemade lemonade.
74. If you come to my house, I will try to remember to make some for you.
73. I also make excellent sloppy-joes.
72. I have a secret sloppy-joe recipe from my great-grandma.
71. My husband didn’t know the secret until I’d known him for ten years .
70. I wanted to make sure I could trust him.
69. My favorite toys as a child were crayons, books, and play-doh.
68. I was a nerd.
67. I won my first coloring contest in third-grade for coloring the state seal – beautifully!
66. I cannot choose a favorite color – I love them all equally.
65. I also cannot choose a favorite book.
64. Isabelle Allende and Margaret Atwood are two of my favorite authors.
63. There are two apple trees in my backyard.
62. There are three walnut trees in my backyard, too.
61. It’s a big backyard.
60. I wrote part of this list at my daughter’s softball game.
59. They lost 4 to 6.
58. She got 13 mosquito bites at the game.
57. One can of “Off™ Insect Spray” at the convenience store in our town costs $6.99.
56. I keep telling my husband that everyone has a cool secret laboratory except me.
55. He doesn’t believe that either.
54. If I had my own lab I would invent cheaper and more effective insect spray.
53. I would also make plots to rule the world.
52. Speaking of ruling the world, we have one pet cat and one foster cat.
51. We also have two pet fish named “Ben” and “Jerry”
50. I was once robbed at gunpoint.
49. I was pregnant at the time.
48. Life becomes crystal-clear when someone is pointing a gun at you.
47. My car was also stolen when I was pregnant.
46. I saw my stolen car setting at house and I went on my own to get it back.
45. It was setting at an “alleged” drug dealers house who bought it from the thief.
44. I got the car back by knocking on the door and telling them I was taking it.
43. I do not recommend this course of action.
42. Hormones can make you do really stupid things.
41. Roselyn Carter was at the clinic the same day I found out I was pregnant.
40. I would never in a million years expected to see a former first lady at the clinic.
39. She was promoting childhood immunizations, I was there for the pregnancy test.
38. The only other famous person I have been near is Jello Biafra.
37. I walked into a club right behind him and I touched his shoulder.
36. He had no idea who I was.
35. Oh, and I sat about 10 feet from Ice-T at a concert once.
34. It was the first Lollapallooza concert tour.
33. That makes me pretty old.
32. I still have the t-shirt somewhere.
31. My daughter’s name is Gabriella.
30. She’s named after the angel Gabriel.
29. And my great-grandma Ella.
28. My daughter is the most awesome person I know. Really. I’m not biased.
27. I am somewhat ambidextrous.
26. I can write with both hands at the same time.
25. Writing frontward with my right hand and backwards with my left.
24. I don’t know how I discovered I have this talent.
23. I got a pony when I was two.
22. My husband and daughter think I was spoiled.
21. Probably I was.
20. My horse’s name was Eddie Peddie Blackie.
19. He was a black Shetland pony.
18. I had him until I was in high school.
17. My grandparents gave him to a kind of “horse retirement” farm.
16. At least that’s what they told me and I choose to believe it’s true.
15. I flunked my driving test the first time I took it.
14. The old lady who gave me the test really stressed me out.
13. I was a pretty stressed out child though.
12. I had an ulcer in 8th grade.
11. I’ve learned to be more mellow.
10. Smoking pot helps.
9. I put that in to make sure you’re still with me!
8. I do not own a cellphone.
7. My daughter and husband have one, I don’t think they trust me with one.
6. I don’t use the phone much anyway.
5. I was once stung by hundreds of wasps. Well, at least dozens. Okay maybe a dozen.
4. I crawled into our dog’s doghouse and found out why she never really stayed in there.
3. Luckily, I’m not allergic to stings.
2. I used to have a really big crush on Sting, back in high school.
1. I’m over it now. And so is this list!