Last night we kicked off the Countdown to Chrismtas by watching “It’s a Wonderful Life.” I love that movie – everything about that movie! Even David gets teary eyed at the end when George Bailey realizes that he’s the richest man in town. There are a lot of great Christmas movies – and some that I hope to never see again. Picking your favorites is almost like shooting fish in a barrel. Here are my top Christmas Favorites – I doubt there are any suprises here!
10. Home Alone. This movie always makes me laugh. I guess because it’s really just a live action cartoon, like Tom and Jerry. I also like Home Alone 2, but after that I recommend avoiding them!
9. Frosty the Snowman – all the Rankin Bass Video have good Christmas memories, but I always wanted Frosty to stay LONGER!!!!
8. How the Grinch Stole Christmas – the cartoon version narrated by Boris Karloff. Don’t even get me started on that live action verison.
7. A Charlie Brown Christmas
6. Christmas with the Joker. Yeah, well it’s a tradition in MY family! When Gabby was little she thought this is how the song Jingle Bells really went. When she got to preschool and everyone was singing something else, she didn’t know what was going on. I know, we’ve scared her.
5. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. For all the misfits in the world! (Don’t you love that fat little snowman (Burl Ives) who narrates, and all those decorated trees!)
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas – come on, this is one of my all time favorite movies for just any day, so of course I’m going to watch it during Christmas!
3. A Christmas Carol. I love all the versions really – even Scrooged with Bill Murray. I watch whichever one is on, but I think the one with Patrick Stewart is great – and of course the Muppet version – that one rocks!
2. It’s A Wonderful Life. If you don’t like this movie, your heart is three sizes too small.
1. A Christmas Story. I know I know they play it 24 hours straight, but it just never gets old to me. I love everything about this movie. HO HO HO!