Over at Orange and Black, she posted a set of questions, and didn’t exactly TAG anyone, but encouraged everyone to answer, so here’s mine. (By the way, you should check out her blog – it’s full of lots of fun Halloween stuff!)
1. If you could get away with one illegal act in your life, what would it be and why?
Well, I think it would be to hack into the student loan database and delete everyone’s student loans. There’s no need to go into detail, but I think for the most part student loans suck and people shouldn’t have to pay so much for an education. Just my opinion – but I think our society would be a lot better off if we focused more about education and less on other stuff.
2. What is your all-time favorite Halloween costume that you’ve worn?
A gypsy costume that my grandma helped me put together when I was 7 or 8. She had lots of cool costume jewlery, and I remember a shawl, and a great skirt – and she did my makeup and I looked FABULOUS!!! I wish I had a photo . . . 🙁
3. What are five movies from your childhood/teen years that define you?
I only get FIVE!!!! wow this is tough!
- The Wizard of Oz
- The Planet of the Apes
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- The Ten Commandments
- Mole People
My alternate movie is Billy Jack 🙂
4. What character in a movie/book/TV show/etc. do you identify with the most and why?
Probably Dorothy fromt the Wizard of Oz. She’s just trying to get home, she befriends a lot of characters on her way, and there’s some mean ol’ witch after her. Yeah I can relate to that. When I asked my daughter what character I was most like, without missing a beat she said, “Ursula, from The Little Mermaid.” so there’s that . . .
5. What is your favorite Halloween-related activity to do in October?
Oh man, I don’t know if I can pick just one – it’s the whole package! Decorating, dressing up, watching old scary movies!
6. What’s your favorite Halloween-themed movie to watch around Halloween?
The Nightmare Before Christmas is a tradition, plus the Universal Monster Movies
7. Who is your favorite horror movie villain/monster?
Dracula – and Bela Lugosi is my vampire of choice.
8. What is one “luxury” product you can’t live without?
My computer – and hot running water 🙂
Feel free to answer these for yourself!